Portsmouth STEM Academy Is Now Enrolling K-8 AND HIGH SCHOOL for 2016-2017
What if your child finally had a classroom big enough for their imagination?
What if their school supported learning more, at their pace, centered around rockets, zebras, caterpillars or whatever mattered most to them while still ensuring broad multi-disciplinary achievement?
Based on proven collaborative models from around the country and world, Portsmouth STEM Academy allows every child to reach their own potential, preparing them to lead both academically and professionally.
The mission of Portsmouth STEM Academy is to deliver a world-class education that promotes the highest level of academic achievement for all students in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM), as well as in the arts and humanities.
Who We Are:
- A private, non-profit school in Portsmouth, Ohio
- Opened in August 2014
- Non-public chartered by Ohio Department of Education (September 2015)
- Serving Grades K-12
- High School Academy planned for Fall 2016
Environment & Structure:
- Collaborative, open-classroom, student-centered learning environment
- Learning groups based on student achievement levels
- Teachers as coaches and mentors fostering exploration
- Hands-on practice and experimentation through long-term group projects
- Accommodation of students’ individual interests through student-led activities
- Year-round education
- Two-week intersession break between terms (3 times per year)
- Summer Term blends enrichment and special projects, including age-appropriate sports, music, fine and performing arts, mentored science fair, tech camps, and more.
Request Information or a Tour:
- Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone - (740)351.0591